Sunday, July 24, 2005

To Die is Gain

I share with you the sad news that our dear friend, Ega, is grieving the death of his wife, Lokadi. After a week of mighty miracles, some complications from the C-section last Monday were too much for her body. As of 8pm, yestersday (Sat), she received the promise of her imperishable body (1 Cor 15).

Philippians 1.21 is Lokadi's cry of victory: To live is Christ, and to Die is Gain. She is a Victor.

Our day has been filled with tears, not just ours, but the flood of tears from Ega, his small children, and the many friends and relatives. We were reminded of Psalm 56.8:

"Record my lament, list my tears on your scroll..."

Actually the footnote in my Bible says the original language is more like "put my tears in your wineskin." The jars of heaven are overflowing tonight. Today is a day of mourning.

Tomorrow morning, we will bury the body of Lokadi. More tears will be shed. I hope to offer words of comfort, hope, life, and the promise of the resurrection.

There is a time to weep and a time to mourn. We are in that season. Pray that the God of all Comfort will be at Ega's side, especially tonight and in the coming days.

-R

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our every other thought is for Ega and his family...our thoughts are followed by crying out to the Lord on his families behalf and on yours as well...we love you and are asking the Lord to meet you all exactly where you are and take you through each moment. Love you all so very much!

T, B, and the boys

Beth P said...

My heart cries out for God to comfort His children. I can't imagine what Ega is experiencing right now, but my prayer is that he will experience the love of God greater than he ever has before and that many will see Ega's peace and draw closer to the Lord as a result of it.
I love you and I'm praying that God will grant you comfort as well. I know you have invested alot of yourselves into this family...what a great loss for the world, but a mighty gain for the kingdom.
Blessings!
Beth

Anonymous said...

Oh Randy..I am truly overwhelmed..it more than breaks my heart to hear of people who work so hard to just exist now have to work so hard to breathe due to grief! I am pleding God's incomprehensible comfort on Ega and you guys as I know how much they mean to you and how heavy your hearts are, how you will miss this precious woman, how it will hurt to watch Ega hurt, and that God will open Tori's heart to see His power and wonder and only the goodness He is in this time of heartache and "adult trauma" that we so often get to shield our kids from in America. I love you all so much and thank God that ya'll are there for this sweet family.
Love,
Jody

Anonymous said...

Randy,

Please convey condolenses to Ega from Marilyn and me. Also, tell him that the whole Missions Ministry will be praying for him and his children. There is no comfort that can come from men, but God can provide the strength to be victorious even in times like this.

- - Ron