Tuesday, March 21, 2006

This afternoon my parents, Tori, and myself were invited to the home of my former neighbor. Her husband forced her to leave last October after he took a second wife, and she has returned to the home of her youth. She has suffered a great deal of heart ache and now lives with almost nothing. She lives in a mud hut with no water and no electricity with her niece whom she and her husband had adopted. As so often is the testimony, in the midst of great suffering God's presence surrounds us. Josephine has been surrounded with the comfort of the Lord and it is so evident when you are with her. We were so blessed by her countenance and the laughter that we shared in her home. We shared Scripture and prayed together. She said, "I have suffered and yet I have peace and joy. The Lord has been with me every minute. Please pray that the Lord will save me from these troubles, and restore my marriage, then my joy will be complete." This picture is of Tori and Adjo with my Dad. Tori and this sweet little girl have been good friends for a long time and used to play together daily. Tori has missed her so much and was delighted to get to spend this afternoon with her. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Brooks Inc. said...

Praying for Josephine and her precious children continuosly!

These pictures are beautiful! My heart swells to look at each one. So much love contained in a single frame. May the Lord continue to bless each moment you are together.

Loving each of you so!
BJB

jaime s said...

Love getting the updates!! I am REALLY enjoying these pics with your parents with the kids and your friends in Benin.

Kelly--I will order a cd for you and mail it as soon as I can. It's one that I have recommended to COUNTLESS moms. I can't wait for Faith to enjoy it one day. I would like to include a few treats for the kids. Would you mind letting me know something that they would like?

Love you guys!

Jaime

Kendra said...

Kelly -
It's so fun to see the joy on everyone's faces there as you spend time together . . .it is good to see Morton and Suzy there, and your kids LOVING being with them and vice versa . .what a blessing grandparents are!! I'm so thankful for Josephine and the ways she is relying on the Lord to walk her through this time in her life . .her faithfulness is a great testimony for sure! Give everyone squeezes for me!