Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Work

The past few weeks have been non stop for me with work. Two of the birthmothers that I have been working with and investing a lot of time with over the past few months, delivered their babies this past week. This always involves alot of over time because these things as you know do not always take place during normal working hours! Although it is exhausting, it is my favorite part of this always interesting, ever changing job that I have.

I love having the opportunities to walk through these moments with these birthmoms, to see them demonstrate sacrificial love and courage as they make plans for their precious babies. I feel so honored that they allow me to be a part...These are deep painful moments to experience. No matter how prepared they are for what they are about to do, there is no way to walk around the pain. They have to go through it.

In the two placements that I have been a part of over the past week, the situations could not have been more different..yet both were filled with love and hope and I witnessed the beauty that the Lord can bring from the ashes of despair. Only He can do this....my thoughts and prayers are continuously with these 2 girls right now that they will continue to reach for the Lord and be found by Him, that complete healing and restoration will come to their souls....their sacrifice amazes me and yet they are motivated by a deep desire to do what is best for their baby...Lord bless them for the selflessness that they have displayed..........Come quickly to them as they cry out to you.

I could not do this job without my amazing husband.........my schedule is not always as crazy as it has been this month....there are usually some lulls (so I'm told!) in between these kinds of things and I am looking forward to some lulls.........When my schedule is like this it requires a lot of Randy as he single handedly gets everyone to and from school and to various places after school, meals, homework, etc... while at the same time working as much as he can himself........

I am hoping for a few days to get my house in order and get the balance back in order of shared parenting duties...it is a lot more fun that way!

Randy and I have been entrusted with 4 wonderful treasures.... I have been missing them over the past few days.......

6 comments:

Jenna said...

I admire you. I moved over to the adoptive parent side once I had kids. It is a hard job to do with kids at home. I can tell that you do an amazing job! I know that you help to make the grief journey a little bit easier for them. Thank you for doing what I know can be a very emotional, difficult, and rewarding job.

Kendra said...

I've been missing you around here as well! I'm up late tonight (can't stop coughing from a cold), and was glad to see a little update from you! I have a special hug to give you from your friend, DeeAnn R. . .you'll have to hear my neat story about our time together. love you -

Randy Vaughn said...

Love you SBG! We are in this together! I'm proud of how the Lord uses you each and every day at work and with all of our kids. I am blessed.

Unknown said...

I am always in awe of someone who has the courage to choose to give their baby up for adoption...knowing that that is the best thing for them. But, I can only imagine that these girls would not have had half the courage in their journey had you not been their caseworker. You are a blessing to so many, but in particular, I see you bless so many who don't know the love of Christ. You are such a sweet reflection of His love...and I am so happy to call you friend! Hugs!

Jan Kelley said...

Kelly, you are blessed and you are a blessing to to those of us who know you and love you. I am confident that you are also a blessing to those who only watch you. I am proud to be your aunt and your sister in Christ.

David Haas said...

Hello,
I have a question about your blog, could you email me?
David