Friday, July 16, 2004

Flood, AIDS, Martha & Cheney

Just heard on the news about over 75 young girls in a private school in India were declared casualties as a result of a fire which erupted inside their school cafeteria.  Some were as young as 4 or 5 years old (Tori’s age)  Incredibly sad for all the parents and siblings who grieve.  Also the floods throughout Asia are wreaking havoc on normality.  I’m meanwhile spending the afternoon enjoying much needed rest and am blogging as I look out over the gulf of Benin which leads into the vast Atlantic ocean.  Might even go for a swim and do some exercising (I always WALK, never jog or run….that “bad knee” thing).  Anyway, life on this earth is so hard and yet in other towns, other countries, life is normal, fine, and even peaceful.  I’m so thankful that my God is sovereign and has a plan of salvation for those who believe (I do!)  If not, I’d probably go crazy trying to make sense of all the inequities and unfairness of this harsh world.  I’m eager to head to my eternal home with Jesus, how ‘bout you?!
 
Also the International AIDS conference in Thailand is finishing this week.  Seems they don’t care much for the U.S. (anything new).  Even with President Bush’s $15 Billion AIDS Initiative announced in 2003, they are still not happy, wanting us to chip in even more.  I’m not sure $50 Billion would satisfy them.  They just think American’s don’t care.  Speaking of AIDS in Benin, many ask if we see it as rampant as in other countries.  No, not yet anyway.  Heard once that only around 10% of the population is affected.  Countries like Botswana and Nigeria skyrocket in comparison. 
 
Just heard Martha got 5 months in prison and 5 months “home confinement”  (is that like being grounded?)
 
Also heard on the news that the rumors are flying around about dropping Cheney from the Bush ticket…not going to happen.  Bush is loyal and Cheney is a great Vice President (great fund-raiser with the Republicans who like him).  They are even a better TEAM.  Heard Cheney say: 

 “I heard John Edwards was picked as Kerry’s runningmate because of his good looks and charm….how do you think I got this job!” 

 I think his sense of humor is great.  Although there could be names that could add a pizzazz to the GOP ticket, it wouldn’t show well of our Administration’s confidence in their own experienced leadership and would frankly look desperate.  Our family is a Bush family and expect Bush/Cheney to do well in November.
 
 
Missionary Rockin’ Randall  - 2nd blog today!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Randy,

Just so you'll know I changed your blog to allow anonymous comments. What this means though is just people don't have to have their blog to be able to comment. I can still sign my name like below ...

Love ya !! donny-