Saturday, September 24, 2005

Class - Day #5 FINAL

The final day of our study of the gospel of John went so well! All the participants showed off a little for me in reciting all their memorization. Everyone did so good. I’m so proud of them and so thrilled that these thoughts from God’s Word are planted in their hearts…ready to bear fruit! It was day of emotions as the study today began at the moment of Jesus’ arrest, humiliation, and then his death. I’m showing you a picture of the illustration we did…I asked everyone to pray and ponder their sins, the sins of their forefathers, and the sins of all mankind…then I gave each one a large nail. As I told them, “just in the same way the soldiers nailed Jesus to the Cross, we must remember that in reality it was all of our sin that nailed him there.” I asked for silence as each one hammered their nail into the tree. It’s hard for me to read emotions among the Aja people, but Kelly (who snapped this photo) felt they were getting the idea! Praise God we could then return to our study where the Lord is raised from the dead! Hallelujah!! Kelly treated everyone to Kool-Aid and cookies which they loved (sounds like VBS growing up, huh?) Plus, one of the other participants brought bread for everyone, too! He said, “after all this hard work all week long, we should celebrate a little.” It was fun, and I am confident that not only did everyone learn a lot, it was great for strengthening the fellowship within that congregation (plagued with internal squabbles over the years). My guess is that Sunday worship will be sweeter tomorrow for them!

No comments: