Saturday, September 10, 2005

Here's a couple of Father-Son souvenir pics from DaddyBootCamp (Aug 2005)!






======================

Read a great posting on Mike Cope's blog about ACU students helping Katrina victims. Certainly all praise goes to our God working through them, but it sure makes me proud to be an ACU alum!

======================

This morning, I studied with 5 young people who will be baptized tomorrow morning...this was exciting because it was really only a "close-the-deal" kind of study...a Christian from the Kaitemey church had been leading these five over the past several weeks, teaching them as much as he knows (he's 100% non-literate). So he wanted me to study with them just to make sure he covered the basics, I guess. It was a good meeting and I'm proud of Adrien who, over the past 6 months, has helped the church at Tchatehoue (cha-tay-way) find it's way back from the dead! These 5 will be part of the Tchatehoue congregation. I asked him to be the baptizer, but I think he'll chicken out...too scared, I think, that he's going to drown someone in the river or baptize them in the name of someone other the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. At least that was my own concern during my first baptism here (I did then just about rebaptize myself the first time I baptized someone, ended up neck deep in water myself...they don't teach the baptismal skill in seminary!)

======================

Isn't Tori so cute! She loves being a cowgirl!!!

(Sorry I don't know yet how to rotate this picture!)

======================

Our dear friend, Sossa, has a new baby boy! His wife had their son on Wednesday. He was born at least a month premature, so please pray for him! Sossa came by yesterday and asked if we would name the baby. Of course, he needed to know right then, so I asked Kelly and she said, "what about Andrew?" So this new baby boy has that name, but in in French, it is André. Pictures to come!

======================

I've mentioned this before, but when I spell check my blog posting using Blogger's spellcheck program, one of the questionable words that comes up is "blog". Huh?!

======================

Tonight, we had our final Saturday night fellowship meal with the Prices until sometime in January. They are beginning their furlough soon and we will miss them so much!

-RV

1 comment:

Beth P said...

I love you guys and I pray that God will give you victory after victory during this time when everyone has left or gone home on furlough. I pray that God will make this the greatest time you have had since you have set foot in Benin!