Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas Day

Our Christmas Day was fun in many ways.  However a cloud of sickness hangs over this house.  Never a fun time, especially on Christmas Day, to have your kids sick!  Jonathan still has a croupy cough, but seems a lot better than he did last week.  Timothy as well has wrestled the past several days with the same thing, but no fever today.  Praise God for that!  Still very irritable, not his fun self, and obviously still struggling a sore throat and nagging cough.  Tori is the one who loves Christmas the very most, yet has been the sickest today.  A high fever (like 102-103!) off and on…plus all the yucky stuff that keeps you near a bathroom…plus some light vomiting.  On Christmas!!??!!  Poor thing only had very small windows of time where she felt like she could enjoy the day.  As well, Kelly and I are both suffering with sinus problems and that makes for a rough day.  PLUS, the water has been back off today…from 7a until about 9p this evening!  Although not everyone had the normal appetite, we still enjoyed a brunch of cinnamon pancakes, homemade egg nog, and scrambled eggs.  Then tonight we had honey ham with cornbread dressing.  We even had bought some ice cream from the capital city the other day and it was frozen in our freezer awaiting consumption on Christmas Day…but no one felt like getting it out (that tells you the kind of day we had).  

We are praying for a better day tomorrow, especially with Tori.  It’s a day of rest and preparation as we are scheduled to go spend the rest of the week (including New Year’s Eve) on the beach.  We are really hoping for better health this week so we can enjoy our stay at the beach.  

It’s hard having a Christmas Day when sickness drags everyone down…I know many of you can relate to times like that…it’s hard and makes you miss home and family even more.  But we praise God for His amazing goodness and kindness shown to our family in 2005.  We have enjoyed an amazing amount of good quality family time this Christmas season.  For most of you who read this blog, we celebrate alongside of you as we worship our Jesus, our Savior and Friend!    

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Donny - MarketingTwin #2 said...

Oh, how sad that some of you are sick. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you all getter better real soon. I've got some time as I sit here in Colorado enjoying some vacation time, so I thought I'd check your blog. I'm going to comment on each picture I think so get ready !!! Love you guys and Merry Christmas from Pagosa Springs!!!

Beth P said...

Merry Christmas, my sweet friends! Maybe you can have a delayed celebration tomorrow and then continue it at the beach. I'll be praying tonight for a quick relief from all of the illness and fevers that are hovering over each of you. We spent the day here at our house with the kids waking up to gifts under the tree and then Nana and PawPaw (Kay & Troy) came over for lunch. The kids played around with their toys and then packed up and went home with Nana & PawPaw to spend the night with cousins. Whew!! what a whirlwind.
We love you very much and have enjoyed seeing your Christmas pics. The kids are growing so quickly and they bring a smile to my face with each picture.
Blessings on you and your health. I'll pray for a restful week at the beach.
I love you all! (translated "y'all")
Beth

laura jo said...

It's no fun to be sick on holidays. It seems like every time I have a chance to go home for a visit, usually during a holiday or time of celebration, I get sick. This year, I actually got a bit under the weather a few days before, so I was able to enjoy the holiday this time. I hope the kids feel better by your vacation time. Which beach are you going to? I pray that you and Kelly don't get sick as well!

Okay, I just spent about 10 minutes catching up on your blog. You have such an amazing family, Randy! I especially liked reading about how you and Ega shared traditions by going to his end-of-year party and also your family making gift bags for your neighbors. You have such a loving and hospitable spirit. I'm blessed to know you!