Thursday, May 11, 2006

(Thursday Night) HOT DOG COOKOUT

*According to Ned's Homeowner's Association, we had to move the hot dog party OUTdoors this year...to understand what I'm talking about, see how Timo and I celebrated Daddy Boot Camp 2005!!

....the kids enjoyed this alot....so did the dogs who scored pretty good on all of Timo's weiners because he kept shaking them on his stick...they were there in 1 second to snatch it up. They enjoyed chocolate cake and ice cream for dessert....thanks Ned for the former! This is the back side of our house by the way....blue barrels are reserve water....gas bottles on the right night. They are roasting the hot dog atop a local African cooking stove...borrowed a cooling rack from the kitchen to keep Timo from planting his dog right smack down into the charcoal. Fun kids! Posted by Picasa


There is more to DBC than sports....we have been working on memorzing the Exodus 15.2 scripture from the T-shirt....the song is really catchy, too. Also Tori has been perfecting her memorization of the books of the NT....plus a reward chart for good behavior, prayers said, chores done, reading and math (Tori), potty training (Timo...he's 95% trained but DBC is hoping to bump it up a notch or two), and even Jonathan and Lael are getting stickers for good naps, good eating, obedience (Jonathan, who loves to stick his hand on top of any table and just grab whatever's there and throw it to the ground), pulling up by yourself (Daddy...oh, no, that's Lael...she's getting really good). Maybe at the end of the week, I'll get a picture of them in front of their reward charts.

I do have to thank Laurence, our dear friend who helps us around the house 4 days a week....she is a great help with the younger ones...getting them fed and bathed. This would not be near as easy nor as much fun if I really had to handle all 4 of them by myself....I appreciate everyone's sympathy, but I had to come clean that I do have help!! ha!!

1 comment:

Donny - MarketingTwin #2 said...

Once again, the Homeowner's Association might have a problem with an open flame that close to a gas can!! Come on brutha Vaughn!! HA

Actually, I love the DBC concept and all the fun events. Makes me feel inspired to... make Kendra do one for our kids while I go play golf!! Sorry - always the black sheep Ned. Baa Baa