Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Today we enjoyed the honor of being received at Ega's house for an afternoon of pure African hospitality....as I told Tim, one time, years ago, after ONLY spending an hour and half with Ega, I told Ega that we were needing to leave...at which he responded, "No, not yet." At that point, I realized to really enjoy fellowship with an African brother, we need to spend about 3 hours! So today, we enjoyed a 3-hour time of eating, talking, laughing, gift-exchanging, picture-taking, and prayer with our dear friend, Ega. Every visitor who has come to see us has also enjoyed a meal at Ega's house. There's nothing like it! (those who have experienced it can make your comments here) Posted by Picasa

CLICK ON PICTURES TO SEE LARGER IMAGE

2 comments:

sj said...

Yes, I recognize the "Ega Glow"!!! I know the blessing of aquireingthat glow!

These prictures are just plain fun to look at...like my dear friend, Beth, my Benin menmories are fresh...I feel like I can laugh atas well as cry, smell, and even hear in these pictures!
Tim, I wish I could hear your heart speak about all it is taking in during this journey...I am so proud of you for making the journey...blessing will abound.
I do need to chat with Randy about Tim-o and the knife...nothing thrills a grandmothers heart like seeing her grandson with a HUGE knife on his knees in a chair stabbing a slick, slimey(and yes, delicious!)piece of fruit...in a small African village miles from the nearest Dr...I could go on and on but I know enough to know you all have all ready rolled your eyes and left the room!!! (The picture was precious and we have done crazier things for a good pic...like ride a cow!!!)
I for one was absolutely thrilled to see the picture of Jonathan!!! I have missed seeing him...you may need to start taking pictures of him while he sleeps to get him up to speed on # of photos on the blog!!!
Lael is ever so precious too! What a smile for Tim in those pics! My ever so delightful Tori, I can tell is loving life with Tim on sight!!!
It is easy to tell that joy abounds with all of you!
These pictures have brought us so much joy!!

Brooks Inc. said...

I love seeing everyone of these pictures. I am so glad Tim is there...so thankful for his family who has supported him being gone...(Darcy- you are the best!)

I am so thankful for all of the laughter I know is being shared!I love you all!

Becky