Thursday, June 29, 2006

Here are my treasures

Day by day I (Kelly) am regaining strength. Recovering from this illness, malaria/bacteria infection is a slow process. The fatigue is intense and does not have a gradual onset. It hits me suddenly. I wake up in the morning feeling good and get dressed and ready. I then help Randy get the kids fed and ready for the day. Tori and I are finishing first grade this week. Yesterday and today as I was finishing school with Tori, the fatigue as come on to me so suddenly that I have had to lie down immediately. After laying down for awhile I am able to get up and do whatever I need to do. I am so thankful for an understanding husband and my dear friend (who is becoming dearer all the time) Laurance who is here to help me specifically with Jonathan and Lael. I am so thankful for your prayers and for the encouraging words that many of you have sent. Please continue to pray for our family. Pray for our health..for my recovery and for everyone else to remain healthy. Please also continue to pray for our adoption process with Lael. Pray that her future will be made secure in our family very soon. We believe that the Lord brought her to our family. The peace that came with this precious life was astounding. It was as if there was no other option other than for her to be with us. We have never once had a second thought or a question about this decision to take her into our home. We believe that the Lord is in the details and that he is working right now even when our eyes cannot see.

Here are some pictures of my treasures!




4 comments:

Brooks Inc. said...

I love each of these pictures and continue to ask the Lord that "He who began a good work (in bringing Lael to your family) would once again be faithful to complete it- May He be honored and lifted up in this process.

Times like these I always think of one of my favorite Fay McBroom quotes..."The Lord is never late but seldom early."

Love you guys and am excited to see His provision.

Keep resting Kelly...We can use out potty training line on you now..."Listen to your body" :)

I love you-

BEck

Lyndsey said...

So glad you're feeling better Kelly! And am loving these new pictures that I can add to my screensaver. How gorgeous your sweet family is! I'm so thankful they're mine as well. Love yall!
Lyndsey

Beth P said...

Kelly,
I'm horrible at keeping in touch, but I keep up with your blog and emails. I hope Randy passed on my email messages to you as you were recovering in bed. I, too love these pics of the kids and Randy...I'd love to see one of you too! I'm praying regularly for your health, Lael's adoption, the continued work there in Benin, and the return plans that will soon be underway.
I love you and think on my times there very often (obviously not too much thinking is going on my blog...I really need to update!)
Love you and miss you!
Beth

Donny - MarketingTwin #2 said...

Love these pictures!! God has blessed your whole family and I see that in the joy your kids have. What a tremendous journey this has been for all of you.

We sure love you guys!! Stay well!!