Friday, June 30, 2006




Tori and I have one day of first grade left...this has been a great year. She and I both have learned so much. Homeschooling is one of the biggest challenges that I have faced this year. I am so thankful for the helpful counsel and one month break that I received during the month of March when my mom was here and she served as Tori's subsitute. It was probably Tori's favorite month of her first grade year. I had forgotten temporairily that it is supposed to be fun to learn! My mother helped me to regain some perspective! My mother in-law Judy Vaughn has also been extremely helpful and encouraging as she has shared much from her personal experience as a second grade teacher and she has also been very helpful to me in obtaining our second grade curriculum which we will begin sometime around the first of August. Tori Vaughn is a blast and I love laughing with her. I love the fact that if I look at her in just the right way, she cannot help but smile. I love hearing her thoughts on any subject and I love the quality time that she and I share together as we go to school everyday. She and I both will miss the structure that school gives to our days for awhile, but the break will be nice as well.

1 comment:

vicki said...

Kelly, I thank God for your continuing recovery! You look beautiful in the school pictures and what a treat for Tori that yall get to finish on time! She's on the road to valedic-tori honors, I'm sure!! We love yall so!!! Aunt Vicki