Thursday, December 13, 2007

Glory Days

Last weekend, I was given the gift of rest and refreshment. Together with very dear friends, Kelly C, Beth P, Nola M and my sister Becky, we drove to Oklahoma and spent the weekend in a cabin in the mountains. We had time with each other and an incredible day with the Lord on Saturday. Time away in a different setting, without interruption, with a lot of silence begins to offer a new perspective on life. Since our arrival to the States last July, I have been immersed into such a fast pace life. Although I am truly enjoying the new life we are experiencing I feel like I so quickly am moving from one activity to the next that sometimes there is not a lot of time for deep thought. This past weekend as I took the time to stop and sit still, I was overwhelmed by the goodness of God. So much as happened in the life of our family in the last 5 months and I actually had some time to think about it and lay it all out before the Lord and just look at it all. Prayer and silence, processing with dear friends, and some sweet times of worship in the evening were exactly what I needed. This week has been a different week with a refreshed focus. I am so thankful to God and to my sweet friend KC for taking the initiative and arranging this weekend for all of us...and for our dear husbands who encouraged this time away and cared for our children all weekend!





No comments: