Tuesday, November 15, 2005


More Than $1 Million Donated for World Evangelism



God is a very gracious Father! The RHCC Family gave and pledged more than $1,173,544 on Harvest Sunday, November 13. Traditionally alot more is given over the next few months, too, so this number will go higher...and it doesn't count all the loose change that the kids throw into the wheelbarrows each year...that adds up!
UPDATE: As of Wednesday, Nov 16, the new total is: $1,183,331


We're so thankful to not only to enjoy a wonderful partnership with RHCC, but to call RHCC our church home!


******

Another baby naming ceremony tonight...this time for a man named Gabriel...we chose to name the little girl, Miriam. Both Gabriel and his wife were both familiar with Moses' deliverance story, but neither had heard the remarkable way Miriam rescued Moses as a baby. After that, they were thrilled with the name! They immediately started calling her "Mi-Mi" (mee-mee). Cute.

******


Believe it or not, but we're putting up CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS the day after tomorrow! With little signs of the holiday around these parts, we decided years ago that we'd start after mine and Tori's BD...we're just big on Christmas around here and we thought we'd celebrate for over a month....we're a little late, because Tori is having a party for one of her best Aja friends, Bensha...they are just a few weeks apart in age and her mother has worked with us for over 6 years. We have a birthday party for them each year. So the day after the party, the tree goes up!!

Everybody's different...when do YOU start putting up Christmas? We always did it Thanksgiving night while watching the 2nd half of the Cowboy game (first half was at Granny's house). Some families wait until at least the month of December....and still others (I can't imagine this) wait until Christmas Eve to trim the tree. When do you start?

-Randy

3 comments:

Beth P said...

We traditionally do it Thanksgiving weekend, but I think this year we're going to do it the week of T-day...Cal will be out of school for the week and we have a couple of family turkey stops over the weekend. So to make the weekend a little less hustled and bustled I may do it a little earlier.
I was just talking about your "early" Christmas spirit this afternoon. Stacey Bowen and I were talking about how warm it was and that it didn't feel like Christmas. KLTY is playing continuous Christmas music and it was hard to get in the spirit since it was so warm. I then told Stacey about your experience with it being summer there and you all doing your best to get in the mood. I told her of Tori making snow angels in the fake snow on your floor.
It is finally a bit cold here tonight...I'm sure that whether it be hot or cold we will all be blessed this Christmas season!
I love you, Vaughn family!
Beth

Unknown said...

When I was growing up, we never decorated until about 2 weeks before Christmas. My mother would carefully unpack the ornaments that she had so tediously wrapped in tissue the year before and then the final moment would arrive when my dad would put the metallic green Santa tree topper on the tree. It's still on top of their tree every year!
Then after we had our own family, our tradition was to decorate our tree on the Sunday evening after Thanksgiving. Oh, how we love to get out the old videotapes and watch our kids sing along to the Anne Murray Christmas Album!(yes, the one on the record player!) After our kids got older and left home, it just kind of "got done", but definitely before they got home from ACU for the holiday break! No coming home without the stockings up!!!
But, I like your idea. Yes, KLTY is playing continuous Christmas music and at first, I thought it was just TOO EARLY! But, today I heard Michael W. Smith's "Christmastime", and forgive me if I get melancholy, but I longed for those days of my kids singing Silver Bells and Silent Night and dressing up and doing silly little skits and just experiencing the wonder of the season. That is one of the amazing gifts our children give us.
By the way, on a lighter note, did your granny ever have one of those silver aluminum trees - I about fainted when I saw one at the store the other day! What a sweet memory!
Have a holiday season!
Love, Mindy Tyndall

Kendra said...

I've loved looking at all the pictures from Tori and Benshai's party especially . . glad they got to celebrate on MY birthday!! ha! I got your cute card in the mail a couple of days early, but the way - very fun, and we all loved it! Thanks! We're itchin' to get everything Christmas out around here! Our garage sale is over now, and I think we'll be with Beth getting started this week before heading out to Littlefield on Friday night. Tell Jonathan I said "ouch" - I'm so sorry. I hate teething pain!!
Aunt Kendra