Sunday, September 28, 2008

A few thoughts...

I feel myself taking a deep breath on the eve of a new week. It has been a great weekend with my family. I have received some much needed sleep and a chance to really clean my house. I have now completely unpacked from Africa and from Abilene and have done all the laundry. The clothes are even put up! I have also enjoyed some sweet time just being with my wonderful husband. He is my BEST friend!

Work is extremely busy right now. I have a full case load and it seems that every minute is planned. Some of the situations that I am aware of and working in the midst of right now are very heavy. In between work, Randy and I continue to juggle getting our 4 precious treasures to their various places during the day. I am so thankful that they are enjoying school and it is not somewhere they have to be talked into going.

Being in Abilene last week was really special. I loved having the opportunity to share our story and to remember how the Lord was in the details and that his plan was so much bigger than what we ever imagined. Tonight as my heart feels heavy and I am anticipating various potential events during this week, it is good to remember that the Lord is near. He asks us to bring every anxious thought to him because he cares. Lord lead the way into this week. Direct my thoughts and show me how to prioritize my time. You alone are the Source for everything I need.

3 comments:

Brooks Inc. said...

I Love reading your thoughts and knowing your heart...

Praying this week unfolds peacefully and beautifully!

BJB

vicki said...

Dear Kelly, you articulate a prayer we all need to pray. May God continue to use you as a fountain of blessing in the lives of so many. Love to you and all the Vaughns!

Jan Kelley said...

Kelly, precious one, it is always so wonderful to read your words and have a glimpse into your heart. A heart that seems to always be reaching out to our Lord. I love the little girl you were and the fine woman you have become. Hug each other for me. I would love to hear details of last week. love jk