Monday, August 01, 2005

A Day Away....

Today is Benin's Independence Day (only #45 for them!) As much fun as the locals were gonna have today, we decided to skip the town parade and head for the beach! After the last couple of weeks we've had, it was a nice change of pace! There is a small hotel on the beach about an hour from us called Awale Plage (the latter is "beach" in French). We went there with the Prices and the Glovers and had a real nice getaway. Spent the first few hours hanging out on the beach. Then had a wonderful lunch at the outdoor hotel restaurant (I had steak au poivre vert...wonderful!) Then a few hours at the swimming pool and then home. It was nice to give our minds a break. Got a busy week ahead of us. John and Linda are hosting a "Fundamentals of Faith" series of classes starting this week (we'll be doing the translating). Wednesday is the evening where we'll be with Ega and share the name Lael with him. More pictures then for sure....

-R

4 comments:

Beth P said...

I am just catching up on my blog reading and my heart is heavy for you and Kelly. I know today is probably not as hard as Sat. was, but I'm just now going through the emotions for you. Thank you a million times for sacrificing so greatly to share the great news of our Lord. I pray that I will get the same fire under me to share with my neighbors and friends the excitement of what God can do in our lives.
(This is a little off the subject, but I get so frustrated at how we can get all fired up over a product, store, or TV program and we will stand in the mall and tell a stranger about it, but we can't get the same kind of excitement and motivation behind telling someone about how the Lord can change their lives forever.)
I love you guys and I'm glad your hearts and spirits were refreshed with the fresh air of the ocean. It's amazing how blue the sky is in those pics...beautiful!

Donny - MarketingTwin #2 said...

Love the pics but one complaint ... where's Baby Jonathan!!!!! He got the shaft in the pics brutha!! HA Seriously, it was great to see the pics at the beach. After reading your entry from the day before, I could see why this get-a-way was needed. It looks so beautiful there and I know it was great refreshment for you all. We love you guys so much!!!

Anonymous said...

I love all of the pictures...where were KJV and Jonathan???
Tori and Timo are just so precious (so are you, Randy!!!) WOW...we miss you all so much we ache!!!
Today is the last day we will have been married 36 yrs...tomorrow we start on year 37...what a blessing...we have ahd such a wonderful time...so much fun being married to MLJ...Our hearts continue to be bound with yours in ache for Ega and his precious children. We trust our Lord to be all He promises to be to him and to them...we love you dearly...mom

Stephen Bailey said...

First things first, thanks for your comment on my blog. I hope there are no long term negative effects from your encounter with the Pool Nazi. Your description was hilarious.
You need to know that you are covered in prayer. Ega and his children are being prayed for in Texas! Thank you for your heart and your willingness to share so honestly on this blog. Thank you for allowing people like me to be part of the team by praying for you. You guys are an inspiration! Please give Kelly a big hug from an old friend.