Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Going to Ega's House

Tonight was a special night! Dinner at Ega's house with Mom and Dad. They follow in a long line of visitors from the States (family and friends) who have all shared a meal at Ega's house. I have asked Mom or Dad to blog about it, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow (we were all so exhausted when we got back). Ega was SO generous with us....his daughter (all 10 years of age) did ALL the cooking...and it was great...and Ega himself got up at 4am to take a motorcycle taxi 5 miles down the road in order to pick up a special kind of cheese...then went from there another 10 miles to get some turkey meat for us. Amazing....all of that before 6am. We are so blessed with our friendship with Ega. I'll save a few of the details for Mom or Dad's "guestblog". Enjoy the pictures below.

-Randy

* You won't see Timothy or Lael in these pictures...our gracious teammates, the Prices, offered to assist us with some childcare for those two... it would have been too much to try and handle all 4 at one time! The Prices leave for their vacation-then-furlough in a few weeks, and Dawna was especially wanting some special time with Lael.


PS - Tomorrow, we'll go into town to show Mom and Dad around our humble little town...then Dad will go out with me to my regular Wednesday teaching meeting at Dekpo (deek-po). We're completing our 3 month study of John's gospel tomorrow with a LONG lesson (crucifixion, resurrection and all the other good stuff at the end of John)! Then tomorrow night, we'll enjoy our mid-week worship time with the Prices.

PS#2 - If you are one of the elite who have come to Benin for a visit and shared a meal in Ega's home, please comment about it and tell us your favorite memory (...come on, surely you remember the food, don't you!?!)

1 comment:

Donny - MarketingTwin #2 said...

What great pictures!! It brings me back to this time last year when Kendra and I were blessed to be there at his house. What an amazing story about the effort he went to for CHEESE!! WOW - and amazing that his daugther did all the cooking. They truly are an amazing family.

I remember the spaghetti and the Pot Rouge (sp?). I remember thinking that as a Diet Coke fan I wasn't sure how I was going to do drinking regular Coca-Cola. But boy, I drank it up after some of those bites!! I remember thinking it was funny to wipe my hands on my pants which was fun as an adult - never get to do that!!HA I remember praying with Ega as well. I remember his sweet wife and the great effort they went to for our visit. It was humbling and I'll never forget it. It's great to have pictures like this to ensure that I don't forget it!!!! Love you guys!!!