Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Mommy & Kids Returning

As I write this, Kelly, Tori and Jonathan are somewhere in the air just about to land in Paris...then wait a few hours until their afternoon departure en route to Cotonou, Benin! They should arrive tonight a little after 7pm local time.

I'll not have my computer with me so you won't hear from us again until late tomorrow night when we return from Cotonou back to our house in the bush (make's it sound so primitive...it's not).

As you read this as you wake today (probably none of you American readers are awake as I post this), please pray for safe travel. It'll be about 1pm CST when they arrive in Benin. It'll be great to have them back. Daddy Boot Camp with Timothy has been a blast, but we're ready to be back together again as a family. I miss my stunning wife very much! And I can't wait to set my eyes on beautiful Tori and wonder how much little handsome Jonathan has grown in 10 days.

We've had to do some car repairs so Timothy and I are taking the ol' bush taxi into Cotonou just after lunch today. What a memory!

Then, in less than 10 days, Mom and Dad will begin their premier voyage to Africa! I'm so very thrilled, as are countless of Aja Christians. Pray for their preparations, and of course for health and blessing during their almost 2-week trip. Then less than one week later, our teammates (the Prices), along with our short-term workers from Richland Hills church (John and Linda Glover) will all depart Benin. The Glovers head to do another 4 months of God’s work in Uganda with the team in Mbale, while the Prices leave for a well-deserved vacation before commencing their furlough Stateside.

I'll put in a vain request for an extraordinary number of comments from September through the end of the year when we are working here ALL ALONE...(everyone say, "boo hoo"....actually a pretty shameful strategy for increasing the count on that counter to the right!)

Still looking for your thoughts about the Wine and the Bread....

Here’s a verse to close with that I’ve never really paid attention to before…may it brighten your day!

“If anyone does not love the Lord – a curse be on him. Come, O Lord!”
(1 Cor 16 22)


- Rockin’ Randall

4 comments:

Missionary's Missionary said...

Dear Randy & Kelly,
Praying for safety and happy reunions!

As for the bread and wine comments - I remember reading a newsletter from a prof from the U of Wyo years ago. He attended a church in Pakistan. He sat on a dirt floor. There was no furniture and no containers in the room. When it came time for the Lord's meal, someone pulled out something sort of like bread and each tore off a piece. But what about the "juice"? Someone pulled out a wine skin and poured a little into the palms of the believers. Did these 'no cuppers' commune? I attended a spiritual direction class last fall. We took ordinary bread and dipped our piece in one small glass of wine. I'm pretty sure I communed. May God give you wisdom, Randy, as you communicate the gospel.

Donny - MarketingTwin #2 said...

It was certainly good to see Kelly, Tori and Jonathan while they were here. One of the last things Tori did to Tyler was to tackle him and wrestle him to the floor - very fitting if you know the two of them!! HA Hope your reunion is sweet and I know you are looking forward to it!!

Can't believe Mom and Dad are just one week away from arriving at my house to do the final packing!! It's SOOO exciting to think. I've told them both that they get to now be a part of the fraternity of people who have visited you guys in the "bush" (as you put it!!). Not too many people in this world get to say that. What a blessing it will be for them. Can't wait to get updates and pics on your blog of their time there with you and the family.

Love ya brother!!!

Donny - MarketingTwin #2 said...

P.S. I can't believe you are close to 600 hits on your blog!! Wow. How many of those are you logging in to get the count up, huh? :)

Donny - MarketingTwin #2 said...

Ok, I cheated brother and pushed you to the 600 count on your blog. I checked it tonight after church and it was 599. I refreshed my screen and ... voila ... 600. I'm so glad I hold the honor of getting you to this monumental level!! HA