Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I miss my family being altogether! We have finally arrived at the point where we can at least say, "See you next week!!" They return to Benin on Friday November 17!

The Lord is so good! In one of the lessons I was working through last week, it was said, "We are always going to doubt the goodness of God, unless we come to know the goodness in Jesus Christ our Lord!" Amen!! My relationship with the Lord is the glue for my life. He is the anchor that keeps me calm, strong and sane when I am by myself in Benin with my 2 youngest children for 3 and 1/2 weeks and He is the one that fills me up with joy and surrounds me with his unfailing love as if I have his full attention! And I do have his full attention and so do you! That is one of the millions of things that makes knowing him so amazing!

This week I keep being drawn to Psalm 103: 1-5

Praise the Lord, O my soul: all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord O my soul and forget not all his benefits-
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Thank you so much for remembering our family in your prayers. We have been so blessed here and there with refreshment and sweet memories.

Tomorrow (already today in Benin) is my best friend and the love of my life's birthday (Randy Vaughn)!! To say I miss him is a huge understatement! Absence is making this heart grow fonder!! I am so thankful God created him! What a blessing it is to be Mrs. Randy Vaughn!

6 comments:

Brooks Inc. said...

He is good and I love seeing that goodness revealed in your life!

We have loved havign yoru family together but I am looking forward to knowing that you are all back together...I know I will cry saying goodbye but I will rejoice when I see the first reunited Vaughn family picture!

Love you tons! Talk to you tomorrow!

BJB

Kelly Vaughn said...

Thanks SBG for the sweet birthday thoughts! I miss you so much!!!
-Randy

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

What fun it is to read your blog and see the amazing love that is in your family! I got to see Tori last Wednesday night and she is quite a young lady. We so enjoyed hearing Randy's comments, especially when he spoke of bringing all of you "home" and seeing what the Lord has in store for you. You have blessed so many people, both in Benin and also those who hear and read about your work there.
I pray for each of you daily. What a blessing you are!
Hugs - Mindy

laura said...

Kelly,
What an encouragement it was to hear your thoughts. There are so many days that I do not allow the Lord to fill me with the strength I need to raise our family, through many moments by myself, and miles from family and friends. So thank you for reminding me that the pressure I place on my husband to fill all of that for me is futile. Not to say that he's not an amazing man... but only my God can fill me in the ways I am needing these days! Thank you for the reminder!

Kelly Vaughn said...

Laura,
Where I am right now came by the road of desperation. I mentioned that He is the one that keeps me calm and sane! That is because there are days here where I feel so isolated that I think without the Lord as my anchor I would go crazy!!! (And I often feel this even when my husband is right here!) I just keep going back to Him and saying, "Okay Lord, show me again how I am supposed to do this with joy!" He is faithful in the very moment that I begin speaking to Him! You are so wise to recognize the pressure it places on our husbands to meet our deep needs for unfailing love..only God can fill that cup, then our wonderful husbands just make our cups overflow!!!

Mindy,
Thank you for your words of encouragement! Randy and I do look so forward to seeing how the Lord will use us at Richland Hills. We are looking so forward to being apart of the love, service, and fellowship of that wonderful body!! And I can't wait to know you and your family better! Blogging has been touch a wonderful tool for connecting us to people we do not even know and drawing our hearts together. God is so good!