Sunday, November 12, 2006

SUNDAY was HARVEST SUNDAY! An annual celebration of God's desire for the message of His love go out to every nation on earth...to the ends of the earth! At the Richland Hills church, the annual Parade of Flags is an exciting ceremonial reminder of where we are already sending the Light...to so many countries....and reminding us all to continue asking God to raise up MORE workers for the Harvest! On HARVEST SUNDAY, special offerings are made by a very generous assembly of God's people...RHCC gives abundantly each year to see God's love extend way beyond the church building...into the local community, to the region, and to the uttermost parts of the earth. Tori holds the Benin flag representing our family's current involvement in church planting among the Aja people in Benin, West Africa! ....... As of tonight, I heard that nearly 90% of the anticipated goal had been reached in offerings and pledges!! So amazing! And I suspect that the rest will come in real soon! Nearly $1.2 million pledged and offered TODAY! All to see God's message of hope and love go out to all the world!  Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kelly Vaughn said...

These are wonderful pictures from a wonderful day! Praise God! It is thrilling to hear about the sacrifices and offerings being made so that Words of Life can go forth around the world. I love seeing my beautiful daughter Tori,and handsome man and son! I get tears in my eyes when I think about our reunion this Friday night. I love you all so much...also the Care Group pictures below are reminders of such sweet fellowship we have with such dear friends that have literally been our support the entire time that we have lived here in Benin. God is good. How wonderful it is to be in the body of Christ.
K

Anonymous said...

Kelly, I wish you could have been here Sunday to see your family care their flags. It was great. I had an extra special view as Colby was sitting in my lap and Tyler was next too me. As they saw their cousin Tori come out with Uncle Randy they both started giggleing. The would have stood on the pew clapping if we had let them. It was sure sweet to see them love their cousins. I was also neat to see Randy stand with yall's flag, but next to him was the Texas flag. I thought it was just perfect. Hope things are better in the world of unwanted bugs!!! Satan has really been after you in the form of bugs and mice since you have been there alone. I look forward to a family picture this weekend.