Friday, June 22, 2007

Today was not the news that we had hoped for.

Randy and I were at the Embassy this morning for several hours. Our Consular told us that our file is complete and the visa is ready to go except for the final code that must accompany the visa. She said that the code must be sent by the American Embassy in Accra and they had said it would be here today before the Embassy closed at 1:30. At 1:30, we were still waiting. Extremely discouraged and frustrated we went back to the guesthouse to tell my mom and our kids.

We are now waiting through a silent weekend and will be at the Embassy again on Monday morning.
Please continue to pray that those working on our file in Ghana will perservere and keep their word.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Our God holds the Vaughn's and this whole situation in His hands. My prayers will focus on the individual at the Ghana AE. May you feel the encouragement of His peace and steadfast love through this long weekend. Love, Aunt VG

Missionary's Missionary said...

I know you are so disappointed! We are all still praying fervently for you each one. This comes with a hug.

Cheryl said...

I'm so sorry. Praying and hoping for Monday...

Sam and Nancy Shewmaker said...

my prayer for you is that God will give meaning to a long 'silent weekend' there in Cotonou. Perhaps there will be someone who needs your encouragement or something else that will change a life or a family in a kingdom way... may our gracious Father sustain you through the suspense of waiting...

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

I am praying without ceasing for you guys! Hopefully you guys can relax a little this weekend. God bless your journey!

Susan J Young

Julie said...

Still praying expectantly.
May our God lift your hearts this weekend. Much love and tight hugs,
Julie

Unknown said...

Praying, praying and praying. I cannot even imagine what you are feeling, but I know you have faith that is so much bigger than this delay! We will continue to be on our knees until it is resolved and you are all home again!
Hugs to all...lots of them tonight!

Anthony Parker said...

I know this is hard and that you are ready to go. Having struggled with bureaucratic nightmares of lesser consequence, I know something of your frustration. I do believe that all of this is coming to a resolution. I can't help but think that in years to come, this experience will be a testimony to Lael of your whole family's commitment to her.

mac said...

We holding you up in prayer! The joy is coming! The end is near! Hang in there!

Murphy and Christine