Monday, October 23, 2006

Tonight Randy is on the plane, headed towards America! The last 2 days have been so sweet to be reunited with him, after being apart for 3 weeks. I have missed him so much, and my heart is aching already missing him again. We knew when we planned this trip that it would be difficult for our family to be separated for this length of time and it is truly difficult!

That said, I believe the trip to America is totally worth it! Tori and Timothy are reconnecting with grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, and friends! They are making incredible memories that will be so important as we transition our family to living in America next year!

For me, the trip was so refreshing! Refreshment was flowing into every pore of me! I did not even realize how thirsty I was for the fellowship that met me from the very moment that I arrived, and that continued every day until I set foot back on the plane! My senses were fully alive and the huge part of me that thrives on communication was maxing out at full potential!! Honestly, every day was wonderful! I cherish the conversations, laughter, and tears, and the concentrated time with Tori and Timothy…and I guarantee that I will be replaying those memories in the weeks to come! I am looking so forward to hearing about Randy’s experience there! I am thankful to God right now for the encouragement and refreshment that is waiting to greet my husband and best friend.

Jonathan and Lael are as cute and happy as ever. We had a good trip home from Cotonou with Jonathan literally singing the whole way home and sweet Lael sucking her fingers. We drove into our driveway in the dark and were greeted by Sossa. He helped unload the car as I got the kids in their highchairs, fed them, bathed them and got them ready for bed! Just after I got them to bed, the power went off. I had a moment of panic as I could not remember where the flashlights were…it took a few seconds of stumbling in the darkest darkness before I could wrap my hands around a flashlight.

I was only gone 3 weeks but I got out of the Benin groove. I am praying tonight that the Lord will come to my aid quickly and help me settle back into a good routine with Jonathan and Lael as we eagerly anticipate our family reunion in just over 3 weeks!

Tune in often for pictures and updates from both sides of the ocean. My last 2 days in America were spent in Washington DC with my brother Sam and his precious family. I will write and post pictures from those 2 great days soon!

Much love and blessings to you all,

Kelly

3 comments:

Brooks Inc. said...

praying for you now...asking the Lord to bless this time in a way that only He can...I love you so!

BJB

Kendra said...

I've been checking all day for news that you were back home safely, how you were doing, if Randy was on his way . . .so much transition and travel for one family in not so much time! Praying for you as you transition back into your roles there while Randy is here. Thanks again for your family's sacrifices!!! loving you -
k

vicki said...

Precious Kelly, I'm thinking that J & L will get you into that Benin groove in nothing flat, as Pop-o used to say! It was so wonderful to see you and your two oldest in Abilene and Baird. I know the separation is painful for both you and Randy, but at the same time, it was so creative of you both to come up with a way to get the respite that you needed, and think how sweet that next reunion will be! Bless you sweet K, Love,
Aunt VG