Monday, October 30, 2006

One week ago tonight I returned here to our home in Aplahoue, Benin and my best friend and dear husband took his turn flying to America. If you have had a chance to follow our blog this week you know that he has had a sweet reunion with Tori and Timothy and they have had a wonderful week with his family. Today they are on the road and headed to Fort Worth where they will spend the remainder of their time before returning to me on November 17! Still seems a far way off. I pray it passes quickly for me and slow for them!

I have had a great week with Jonathan and Lael. We are having a great time together and I am getting lots of love, hugs and kisses! Oh they are so precious!! I have also finished 3 books and I am participating in a 30 hour course through the Center for Biblical Counseling by video. It is called Extraordinary Woman, Equipping for Ministry. I have been doing one hour in the morning (during their nap time) and the other at night when the kids are asleep. I am really enjoying the different speakers and the variety of topics. I would love to be involved in Women’s ministry and I have so much to learn. One of the things that I truly look forward to and so eagerly anticipate is the opportunity to serve and minister to others in my own language. My heart literally jumps at the thought! I don’t know what the Lord has waiting for me but I want to be ready!

For those of you who may be wondering about the mouse…I found him this afternoon…dead!!! What a relief! Mr. Mouse had really caused me some anxiety last week and although I could see the humor in the situation, I was really having a hard time relaxing! Laurance and I had turned this house upside down trying to find the mouse or at least his trail and were coming up with nothing! Yet every night after Laurance would leave, I would see the mouse. It was truly comical Friday night when not 10 minutes after Laurance and Sossa had left; I heard a mousy sound right beside me. I was on the couch and there was a basket of toys right behind me. Suddenly the musical toys began singing their songs. I sat up and looked at the basket and there was Mr. Mouse climbing out of the basket. He went right in front of me and went straight down the hall. Sossa had prepared a little something for Mr. Mouse to eat should he desire one last meal! Apparently he had a bite and that was all it took!

I am so thankful for the emails and phone calls that I have received this week! I have been so encouraged and blessed! Thank you for your specific prayers for our family all the time, but especially now while we are separated. We miss each other so much!
I want to close with an excerpt from “The Power of a Praying Parent” that I came across yesterday and it really blessed me. Praying this is an encouragement to you too.

The joy of the Lord is rich and deep and causes anyone who walks in it to be likewise. That's because joy doesn't have anything to do with happy circumstances; it has to do with looking into the face of God and knowing He's all we'll ever need.

Psalm 16:11
You will show me the path of life:
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore
.

Thank you Lord!!!

Kelly

5 comments:

Brooks Inc. said...

love reading your thoughts!

This is the first day we have not talked...I am thinking since we talked 4 different time on Saturday thats ok! :)

Love you-

BJB

Jill said...

I was thinking of you on Tori's birthday. I know it must be hard to be apart on that special day. I found myself thinking of you and praying for you numerous times on that day. I tried to call and Sossa answered the phone. I am not sure what he said! I know he did not understand me!

I will try again, soon!

Love,
Jill

Anonymous said...

So glad that mouse is gone! I really can't believe he climbed out of the basket of toys AND that he made the music play. I think that mouse was Satan. It was his way of making you miss your husband even more and making you feel uneasy in your home after a fun time away!! Three cheers for Sossa and his "last meal"!!! I am so thankful you have Sossa and Laurance. I know they do not replace your family and can not fill the void of a sister far away, but I am sure they bring comfort! Sure love you and you are constantly on my mind.

vicki said...

So glad that Mr. Mouse is history and I hope you sleep very well tonight.

I am so enjoying following the exciting adventures of the Vaughn family. I know you miss Randy and I appreciate your insight in praying that time passes quickly for you and slowly for Randy, Tori and Timothy.

I am glad the Lord is providing you with good books and videos to enrich your spiritual life while you await their return. I may be prejudiced but I think you are already primed and ready to be an excellent minister to women, even if you never read another book!!

You have wisdom and insight far beyond your years and God has blessed you with great communication skills. But keep reading; it will make you even better, I'm sure!

Love to all, Aunt V

Cheryl said...

Bless you during this seperation. I pray time for you does pass quickly. And I am so thankful the mouse is gone...I think rats around here can sense when Jeff leaves the premises...so very often when he is away...one shows up to tease and taunt me...:-)
PS Hardest part of reading your blog was Randy's post about eating at Rosas! MAN!!! I'm so thankful he got to...but just thinking of those fajitas has made my mouth water. I LOVE Rosas!!!!